Japanese pop-rock band back number’s latest single “Old Fashion” rises to No. 1 on this week’s Billboard Japan Hot 100 dated Nov. 18 to 25. The song has ruled downloads for three consecutive weeks since its release, while this week it takes the top spot for radio airplay and look-ups as well. The track is at No. 4 for physical sales and No. 34 for Twitter mentions.
Korean duo TVXQ’s “Jealous” rules physical sales and Twitter and debuts at No. 3 on the Japan Hot 100. While leading two metrics of the chart’s measurement, the single couldn’t accumulate enough points in other areas and couldn’t bow at the top of the tally.
Aimyon’s “Konya Konomama” continues to lead streaming for the fourth week. The 23-year-old singer-songwriter has charted five songs in the Japan Hot 100 for two weeks straight as her strength in streaming has positively influenced her songs’ performances in downloads and video views. The young artist is one of this year’s Vogue Japan’s Women of the Year, and her meteoric rise to streaming stardom is definitely one of the highlights of J-pop in 2018.
Japanese rockers ONE OK ROCK’s new single “Stand Out Fit In” bows at No. 10 on the Japan Hot 100, coming in at No. 2 for downloads and No. 9 for streaming. This band is also strong in streaming, so depending on how they accumulate points in the other metrics, they could stay in the top ranks of the tally for a while.
The Billboard Japan Hot 100 combines physical and digital sales, radio airplay, Twitter mentions, YouTube and GYAO! video views, Gracenote look-ups and audio streams from Apple Music, AWA, Google Play Music, KKBOK, LINE MUSIC, Rakuten Music, Recochoku provided by Gfk Japan, as well as streaming counts based on lyrics displayed on PetitLyrics.
Billboard Japan Hot 100 Top 20 (dated Nov. 19 to 25)
1. Old Fashion / back number
2. Kaerimichi Ha Toomawari Shitakunaru / Nogizaka46
3. Jealous / TVXQ
4. Setsu Getsu Ka / Uta No Prince Sama♪ / Ittoki Otoya (CV: Takuma Terashima), Masato Hijirikawa(CV: Kenichi Suzumura), Natsuki Shinomiya (CV: Kishou Taniyama), Tokiya Ichinose(CV: Mamoru Miyano), Ren Jinguji(CV: Junichi Suwabe), Syo Kurusu(CV: Hiro Shimono), Cecil Aijima (CV: Kosuke Toriumi), Reiji Kotobuki(CV: Showtaro Morikubo), Ranmaru Kurosaki (CV: Tatsuhisa Suzuki), Ai Mikaze(CV: Shouta Aoi), Camus(CV: Maeno Tomoaki)
5. Lemon / Kenshi Yonezu
6. U.S.A. / DA PUMP
7. Flamingo / Kenshi Yonezu
8. Konya Konomama / Aimyon
9. Sora Wo Nuketa Aozora / Da-iCE
10. Stand Out Fit In / ONE OK ROCK
11. YES or YES / TWICE
12. I’M SWAG / ONE N' ONLY
13. Prologue / Uru
14. Bohemian Rhapsody / Queen
15. Masshiro / VICKEBLANKA
16. Marigold / Aimyon
17. Arpeggio / [ALEXANDROS]
18. Hanashi Ga Shitaiyo / BUMP OF CHICKEN
19. Anata To Torattatta♪ / DREAMS COME TRUE
20. Kimi Wa Rock Wo Kikanai / Aimyon
Text: Billboard JAPAN / Photo: Courtesy Photo